Tuesday 4 March 2014

26 Dec 1815




Marazion Decr 26th 1815

Sir
  After leaving you I did not reach London till the following Tuesday, when I was for some days confined to the House by a severe cold, from which I have not yet recovered; I returned to this place on Saturday night last.  When in town I went to the Ordnance office and obtained the sum of £243: 11:34 salvage of the ordinance stores saved from the Woolwich, by (unreadable, letter damaged) from the Treasurer of the ordinance on the Car(unreadable, letter damaged) Bank of England.  You have here within an account of the Cotton & tortoise shell sent from Barbuda at different times, and sold in London; from which I have deducted my Commission.  I have inclosed the order on the cashier of the Bank of England for £243: 11:3, and an order on Mr Walker for £144: 17:4 the balance due you on the whole of the Barbuda Accounts to the end of last June, as per Account in the other side.  I am
Sir
Your Most Obedt Humble
Servant
(signed) John James






Reference: JJ261 Robson Lowe collection on microfilm 24995, University of Texas at Austin, Nettie Lee Benson Latin American Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment